The Vermont Tech Rope Tow is an old fashioned rope tow powered by an electric engine. Skiers and Boarders grab the rope and are pulled to the top. Thanks to our Ski & Ride Club, new rails have been installed for the upcoming season.
Sudents in the Construction Practice & Management program have built us a new warming hut, thanks to the guidance of Vermont Tech professor Joe Witt.
The rope tow is located at the bottom of Water Street next to the VTC Farm. Water street is the road that goes down-hill across from the white church on the South West corner of campus.
CHECK OUT last season's hill set up at right - ALSO this You Tube video of 2013 Winter Carnival
PHOTO/VIDEO TAKEN BY SETH HAVEN 2014
CURRENT SNOW CONDITIONS :
We're waiting for snow to open for the 2014-15 season.
Regular operating hours (weather permitting):
Monday - Thursday 6:00-8:30pm
Check back often for snow condition reports. If we have a great storm we will try to open additional days.
Ski Tow Rules during operating hours:
- VTC Ski Tow is open to the VTC Community only - students, faculty and staff.
- Skis and Snowboards only on the rope tow.
- 2 riders at a time on the rope.
- No Snowmobiles allowed.
- No alcohol allowed.
- No open fires allowed without a permit.
- Please carpool or walk, limited parking is available in the lot. Please do not park on the road.
Contact Intramurals Coordinator Hilary Linehan with questions. 728-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org