The Vermont Tech Rope Tow is an old fashioned rope tow powered by an electric engine. Skiers and Boarders grab the rope and are pulled to the top. Thanks to our Ski & Ride Club, new rails have been installed for the upcoming season.
Students in the Construction Management program built us a new warming hut in 2014, thanks to the guidance of Vermont Tech professor Joe Witt.
The rope tow is located at the bottom of Water Street next to the VTC Farm. Water Street is the road that goes down-hill across from the white church on the south west corner of campus.
CHECK OUT the layout for our inagural Winter Carnival You Tube video of 2013 Winter Carnival VIDEO TAKEN BY SETH HAVEN 2014
PHOTO by Ben Deflorio Photography 2015
Regular operating hours (weather permitting):
Monday - Thursday 6:00-8:30pm
If we have a great storm we will try to open additional days.
Ski Tow Rules during operating hours:
- VTC Ski Tow is open to the VTC Community only - students, faculty and staff.
- Skis and Snowboards only on the rope tow.
- 2 riders at a time on the rope.
- No snowmobiles allowed.
- No alcohol allowed.
- No open fires allowed without a permit.
- Please carpool or walk, limited parking is available in the lot. Please do not park on the road.
Contact Intramural director Hilary Linehan or 802-728-1584 for more information.