The Vermont Tech Rope Tow is an old fashioned rope tow powered by an electric engine. Skiers and Boarders grab the rope and are pulled to the top.
Students in the Construction Management program built us a new warming hut in 2014, thanks to the guidance of Vermont Tech professor Joe Witt.
The rope tow is located at the bottom of Water Street next to the VTC Farm. Water Street is the road that goes down-hill across from the white church on the south west corner of campus.
PHOTO by Ben Deflorio Photography 2015
ROPE TOW WILL BE OPEN starting 2/7/2018!
Regular operating hours (weather permitting):
Monday - Thursday 6:00-8:00pm
If we have a great storm we will try to open additional days.
Ski Tow Rules during operating hours:
- VTC Ski Tow is open to the VTC Community only - students, faculty and staff with proper ID.
- Skis and Snowboards only on the rope tow.
- 2 riders at a time on the rope.
- No snowmobiles allowed.
- No alcohol allowed.
- No open fires allowed without a permit.
- Please carpool or walk, limited parking is available in the lot. Please do not park on the road.
Contact Intramural Director Leah Gifford or 802-728-1584 for more information.