Our 5v5 basketball league is played in the spring, usually starting in late February. Team rosters are typically due before Winter Break. Varsity players will be asked to ref, and are limited to 2 per team.
5v5 Basketball rankings are based on win/loss percentage, then head to head competition, and if neccessary points against.
2015 Season Rankings:
|Di Bimboclot Stars|| 11-3
|The Lamballers|| 6-8
|Keep It Wet|| 2-12
Monday, April 27 - Elite 8
|#1 Chicken McBuckets vs #8 Dairy
||Refs: Jack, Stanley
|#2 Di Bomboclot Stars vs #7 Keep it Wet
||7pm||Game 2||Refs: Eli, Nick R
|#3 No Name vs #6 Free Ballers
||8pm||Game 3||Refs: Kwei, Joe
|#4 The Lamballers vs #5 Premature Shooters
||9pm||Game 4||Refs: Jamal, Logan
Tuesday, April 28 - Final Four
|Winner Game 1
||Winner Game 4
|Winner Game 2
||vs||Winner Game 3
Thursday, April 30 - Championship
|Winner Game 5
||Winner Game 6
Rules of play:
Traditional 5v5 basketball rules will apply, except:
- 2 – 20 minutes halves, running time except last minute of second half is stop time.
- Female players get an additional point for all baskets scored, except foul shots.
- Technical fouls CAN be issued for swearing, fighting, flagrant fouls, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc. Suspensions may also be given depending on the severity of the offense.
- Rolling substitutions.
- 2 timeouts per half.
- 3 minute overtime for ties at the end of regulation.
- 1 additional timeout for OT.
- Players must wear the t-shirt color of the team, or a pinnie.
- Student referees are needed for all games except semi-finals and finals. Please let me know if you are interested in reffing. You do not need to be on a team to be considered for reffing. This is on a volunteer basis, you will get a ref t-shirt and whistle. If you have work study you can be paid for your time.
- Referee decisions and calls will stand. Please be respectful of the volunteer officials as they are trying their best to be fair.
- Constant derision of an official may result in a technical foul. This decision would be determined by the Intramural Coordinator on site during the offense.