5v5 Basketball is one of our most popular Intramural leagues. Teams are co-ed, and typically varsity basketball players help ref the games when they are not playing. The league usually starts just after February break and runs through the rest of the semester.
Contact Intramural Director Hilary Linehan or 802-728-1584 for more information.
5v5 Basketball rankings are based on win/loss percentage, then head to head competition, and if neccessary points against.
2016 Regular Season Rankings as of 4/28
|Moose Knuckles|| 10-4
|Aussie Power|| 10-5
|World Wide Hoops
|Premature Shooters|| 6-8
Monday, May 2 - Elite 8
|#1 Moose Knuckles vs #8 Instant Dunk
|#2 Aussie Power vs #7 Premature Shooters
||7pm||Game 2||Refs: Eli/Instant Dunk/Kamil
|#3 World Wide Hoops vs #6 Dairy
||8pm||Game 3||Refs: Jonas/Kamil/Devan
|#4 Freeballers vs #5 Soccer
||9pm||Game 4||Refs: Tyree/Kyle R/TBA
Tuesday, May 3 - Final Four
|W Game 1
||W Game 4
|W Game 2
||vs||W Game 3
Thursday, May 5 - Championship
| W Game 5
||W Game 6
Rules of play:
Traditional 5v5 basketball rules will apply, except:
- 2 – 20 minutes halves, running time except last minute of second half is stop time.
- Female players get an additional point for all baskets scored, except foul shots.
- Technical fouls CAN be issued for swearing, fighting, flagrant fouls, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc. Suspensions may also be given depending on the severity of the offense.
- Rolling substitutions.
- 2 timeouts per half.
- 3 minute overtime for ties at the end of regulation.
- 1 additional timeout for OT.
- Players must wear the t-shirt color of the team, or a pinnie.
- Student referees are needed for all games except semi-finals and finals. Please let me know if you are interested in reffing. You do not need to be on a team to be considered for reffing. This is on a volunteer basis, you will get a ref t-shirt and whistle. If you have work study you can be paid for your time.
- Referee decisions and calls will stand. Please be respectful of the volunteer officials as they are trying their best to be fair.
- Constant derision of an official may result in a technical foul. This decision would be determined by the Intramural Coordinator on site during the offense.