Posted: Oct 04, 2014
Randolph Center, VT – The rain held off for the Men's 8K at the Vermont State Cross Country Meet today. The men started on a misty afternoon, blistering out of the start boxes onto the course. Racers came from all over the state, and covered the USCAA and NCAA divisions II & III.
Middlebury College's Sam Klockenkemper held off his competitors for the last mile of the race to claim the individual title in 27:31. He was followed in a close second by Tyler Scheibenpflug of Lyndon State College in 27:41. Kenedi Hall, also of Lyndon State, finished 3 rd with a time of 28:11. Middlebury runners placed 4 additional runners in the top 10 to win the overall team title with 24 points. Lyndon State took second with 52 points, followed by Norwich University with 91 points.
Vermont Tech took 7 th overall, led by Collin Johnson in 43 rd place with a time of 33:01. Other Vermont Tech finishers include Avery Gaudette (34:44) in 49 th, James Bridges (34:53) in 51 st, Nick Martiros (35:44)in 53 rd and Jon Henault (36:20) in 55 th.
Men's Individual Results:
1. Sam Klockenkemper Middlebury College 27:31.85
2. Tyler Scheinbenpflug Lyndon State 27:41.86
3. Kenedi Hall Lyndon State 28:11.21
4. Charlie Jones Middlebury College 28:18.58
5. Peter Elkind Middlebury College 28:40.99
6. Matt Gillis Middlebury College 28:44.88
7. Timothy LaRoche Lyndon State 28:46.54
8. Luke Carpinello Middlebury College 29:06.08
9. Alex Gilgore Saint Michael's College 29:15.89
10.Derek Satterfield Middlebury College 29;27.23
Men's Team Results:
1. Middlebury College 24 points
2. Lyndon State 52 points
3. Norwich University 91 points
4. Saint Michael's 96 points
5. Castleton State 137 points
6. Johnson State 147 points
7. Vermont Tech 203 points