Vermont Tech is ready for our 4th annual Track and Field Festival to be held on March 15th and 16th, 2019. Registration remians open, and most of the same professional coaches from last year will be in attendanc, in addition to new coaches. The clinic is open to high school and collegiate level coaches and athletes.
Participants in the Festival will be able to learn one on one with these distinguished coaches:
- work in the weight room with Dr. Chris Polakowski, who works with USA Weightlifting
- work on jumps with Dr. Craig Poole, former US Olympic Team coach
- throws work with Finland Olympian Tappio Kuusela
- sprint work with Olympian Sheila Burrell
- mid-distance work with three time Olympian Jim Ryun and two time Olympian Doug Padilla
- distance work with world renowned trail runner Pablo Vigil, Ultra Running Shoe founder Golden Harper, and Tom Miller
- pole vault work with coach David Kerin, who is a pole vault coach certification instructor.
Similar to last year, Friday afternoon will incorporate sessions on the track in a location still to be determined. Saturday will be on the Vermont Tec campus, in the Campus Center, Judd Gym, SHAPE Gym, some classrooms and the weightroom, with some outside components, weather permitting.