Randolph Center, VT - The 2020 Track & Field Festival at Vermont Tech continues to grow and attract stellar coaches and athletes to present to our local runners and coaches.
After bringing in Jim Ryun in 2019 to work with middle distance runners, our focus this year is on a "Vision for the Future", and this year we have several experienced long distance runners to present to the group, headlined by Frank Shorter, who is a two time Olympic Medalist in the Marathon, and Pan Am Games Champion in both the Marathon and the 10,000 meters. Frank will be joined by Pablo Villa, an experienced and storied endurance runner, who has competed in and won many extreme distance races, as well as Golden Harper, founder of Altra shoes.
While it seems our focus this year is on distance running, we have excellent coaches presenting for all of the other track & field events and strength and conditioning:
- work in the weight room with Dr. Chris Polakowski, who works with USA Weightlifting
- work on jumps with Dr. Craig Poole, former US Olympic Team coach, currelty jumping coach at San Diego State University
- throws work with Finland Olympian Tappio Kuusela
- sprint work with Olympian Sheila Burrell, head coach at San Diego State University
- mid-distance work with three two time Olympian Doug Padilla
- distance work with Frank Shorter, and renowned marathon and endurance trail runner Pablo Vigil, Ultra Running Shoe founder Golden Harper
- high jump work with David Kerin
- pole vault with Chris Sandoli, assistant coach at Manhattan College
Similar to last year, Friday afternoon will incorporate sessions on the track in a location still to be determined. Saturday will be on the Vermont Tec campus, in the Campus Center, Judd Gym, SHAPE Gym, some classrooms and the weightroom, with some outside components, weather permitting.
Please contact the athletic department with questions.